Join us on a walk
- View our quarterly walks program, either the Listing given at Walks on the menu, or the Visitors Walks Program available here.
- Covid-19 restrictions are to be observed, as applicable. Walkers should provide their own transport (no carpooling), where possible. Leaders will assist with arranging transport, if necessary, but there is no guarantee as to this aspect. See ADVANCE NOTICE below.
- Note the walk grade given for each walk, and decide which grade suits your fitness level (walk grades are described below). For beginners this should be either Easy or Easy-Medium.
- Select a suitable walk.
- Book onto the walk by first contacting a Walks Coordinator (by email). Details for this are on our Contact Us page.
- The Walks Coordinator will send you further information by return email.
- This information will include the contact details of the Walk Leader, who you will need to contact to book onto the walk and obtain meeting arrangements. This contact should be made at least two days before the walk.
Details on what to wear and take on a walk are available here.
Note that visitors will be required to sign an indemnity and pay a Visitor Fee of $5 for a day walk.
In the past most Sunday, Saturday and Public Holiday walks depart from the carpark at the rear of Kew Library, Cotham Road Kew (Melway Map 45 D6). Meet at 7.45 am for an 8 am departure.
Also in the past, most Wednesday and other Mid-Week walks depart from Victoria Park, near Kew Cemetery, High Street Kew. Enter opposite Belford Road (Melway Map 45 G5). Meet at 8.45am for a 9 am departure.
Car pooling is arranged to minimise the number of cars that are used.
However, as a consequence of Covid-19, participants now generally meet at the start location of the actual walk, or close by. The leader will provide this information when you book on the walk. Walkers should provide their own transport (no carpooling).
WE ARE RETURNING TO THE PRE-COVID WALK DEPARTURE ARRANGEMENTS, AS LISTED ABOVE, FOR WALKS AS FROM 20TH MAY 2021. DRIVERS MAY HOWEVER CHOOSE NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN CAR POOLING - IF SO, ADVISE THE LEADER PRIOR TO THE WALK
Walk grades are shown next to the name of each walk (Easy, Medium; Hard etc) in the Walks Program.